ME!

ME!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Week 5 was basically about dating which I found really interesting. I think what I liked the most was the value of dating verses just "hanging out". I think it is differently common to just hang out with girls. I know I did when I was back at home. If there was a girl I liked, we would just hang out and do random things. It was hardly ever planned, in fact there were times where we would meet up, and then ask each other what we wanted to do. I can personally say that this is a quick and easy way to be friend zoned. When you just hang out with girls, you quickly become their "girlfriend" instead of a potential partner. I thought there was a lot of value with what Brother Williams said about dating. Dating prepares us for eventually becoming fathers and husbands. A husband provides, presides, and protects. When you date someone it is developing these skills.  You provide because a man will pay for the date. This helps show the woman that when she married this individual, he will work hard and try to provide for their needs. Presiding is developed when you plan for the date, and carry it out. The man is in charge, he is the one who usually plans the date and make sure everything goes alright. On a date a man takes care the woman and makes sure she has a great time. This develops protecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment