ME!

ME!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week 12 was interesting for me. It was about divorce and remarriage  The reason I think of this subject as interesting is because I have never experienced this type of event in my life, or even in my extended family. Through this week I began to see how hard remarriage really is. People around me always said the second marriage is easier because people know what to do now. In fact it is not. It is way hard, especially when these two different families have kids. There are so many different traditions that someone has from their original family, or even from their first marriage. They have to take all those traditions  and blend them with their new partner. On top of that, the kids suddenly have new siblings to deal with. Plus it is hard to know what to do with your partners kids. You had decided to step into the role of a father, but the partner may not want you disciplined their kid.
It was really interesting learning about all these problems. I think what I learned the most is that these situations are difficult  But they are not impossible. If we trust is the lord, and in our partner, we will be able to have a happy and eternal family.

No comments:

Post a Comment